Pretzels

Pretzels

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rice with Mushrooms



My mom used to make this recipe all the time. It's so simply, yet so delicious. I used my mushrooms from last weeks basket to make it. I used brown rice, because that's all I had. But white rice is honestly better. But, as I was making it, I was thinking it would be amazing with wild rice.

I used half a container of mushrooms, because that's what I had. But you could certainly use the whole container. I would have if I had a whole container left.

First slice the mushrooms, then brown them with some olive oil. Then, add one diced onion and some salt to taste. And black pepper. Lots of black pepper. Then take rice, already prepared (like 3 cups) and mix it all together in the pan till warm. Then eat it. I served mine with rosemary chicken and some carrots.

Did you know that portabella mushrooms have more potassium than a banana?

Oh, I'm going to do a giveaway soon, so be sure to follow my facebook page so you'll be informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment