Pretzels

Pretzels

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

Saturday's basket was less than spectacular. I got a head of iceberg lettuce (yawn), broccoli (meh) and...a bunch of fruit. Mainly plums. I was less than excited. I actually had to go to the store and buy veggies this week. But, nevertheless, it's our nations birthday and I decided to make something delicious. While hubby made a beer can chicken with the snazzy gadget I got him for Christmas, I made a quinoa salad. I tossed with kalamata olives, grilled grape tomatoes (from last weeks basket) and feta. I tossed the tomatoes with some olive oil before I put them on the grill and I thought I was going to cause a house fire. So, when they started exploding, I removed them from the grill. I tossed a little olive oil and salt into the mix as well.






On a side note, I think it's important to remember that it may in fact be too hot to grill if a. the grill temp is almost hot enough before you add coals. And b. when the grilling tools are too hot to touch simply from sitting in the sun.


Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment