Pretzels

Pretzels

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fajita Tacos





I was craving avocados tonight. And beef. Maybe I need iron. I don't know. At work when I was deciding what to eat I was thinking taco salad. It's great because I can make a giant taco salad for myself and it was easily transformed to regular old tacos for those in the family that weren't terribly interested in having a salad for dinner. Which is all of us. But then I figured if I made fajitas, I was still getting the benefits of some extra veggies in there. Plus if I made enough there were be leftovers for lunch tom morrow. I can just throw the fajita mix on a salad and I'm good to go.

From my basket I used mushroom, onions and tomatoes.

First I sliced one onion, one green pepper and about 6 mushrooms and threw them in a hot skillet with a tad bit of oil and let them brown. Then I removed them from the pan and cranked up the heat so I could brown the meat and get it all carmely. I mixed it all together and topped with diced avocado, tomatoes and cheese.

I was thinking it was kind of like a fajita/Philly cheese steak/taco. It was pretty awesome though.

No comments:

Post a Comment