Pretzels

Pretzels

Monday, August 8, 2011

Lobster Ravioli and Pesto


So, I'll admit, making pesto with the basil from my Italian Pack, probably isn't the most exciting or unique idea. But I don't really care, cause i could eat pesto by the spoonful, all by it's lonesome. I love pesto. And fresh pesto is really the best. I had been watching "Extra Virgin" on the Cooking Channel, and they made pesto in their mortar and pestle. Now, they had this enormous mortar and pestle that was like 300 years old or something. I just have this little old mortar and pestle. So, I was going to be all fancy pants and make my pesto the old fashioned way. Until about 45 seconds in, when I realized that I didn't have the magic of television to fast forward through the 4 hours it was going to take to make pesto by hand. So, I switched to the food processor (oh, by the way, the reason I was really using the mortar and pestle, was because I was too lazy to wash the food processor which was in the dishwasher, but I did anyway).

In any case, homemade pesto is totally simple. I used two crushed cloves of garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper Parmesan and instead of pine nuts, I used sunflower seeds. I like sunflower seeds and they are way cheaper than pine nuts. Plus sunflower seeds are way good for you.

The asparagus I roasted with some olive oil and lemon pepper.

Check out my summer giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment