Pretzels

Pretzels

Monday, June 27, 2011

Shrimp Stuffed Chile Relleno





For dinner last night I made the most awesome dinner I've pretty much ever made. With my basket last week, one of the extras I got was a Mexican Basket. It had tomatillos, garlic, shallots, limes (I have so many limes) cilantro, jalapenos.....And probably some other stuff too. It was so awesome. I think it was seven bucks. So, I knew Sunday would be Mexican food night. I pretty much used the whole basket. Tweety Bird helped with squeeze some limes.










Which I added to about 8 small tomatillos, one diced jalapeno, two cloves garlic, a dash of cayenne and salt. I tossed it all in a food processor till it was all...chopped. Then I put that in a pot with some chicken stock. I love these little Pacific Natural Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, 8-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 24) they are perfect because so much of the time I don't want the whole box. I only need maybe a quarter of a cup. Then, inevitably it gets stuck in the back of the fridge, and I hate to waste. So, these are awesomely perfect.






In fact, I used maybe half of this for the sauce then maybe half of it for the Chile relleno filling. I grilled some shrimp, diced some shallots...well, I'm pretty sure they were shallots and garlic and cooked them down with the stock.



I was aiming for these mind bogglingly delicious Chile Rellenoes served by Chuy's. I don't even care what's in them. I love chilies in any way shape or form. However, when the form becomes stuffed and fried, it's exponentially delicious. So I made a batter of corn starch, flour, baking powder and salt and dipped and fried them. After my husband and I charred the peppers. They were kinda small, and I made too much filling, so I had to make some taquitos, or rolled tacos as well.



The result, was so fantastic. The sauce really made it. This picture does not even begin to do it justice. I think it may have been too hot for some people in the house. But eh....what are you gonna do?





















No comments:

Post a Comment